Next Generation of Crowd Manager Training has been released. The 2015 release includes updates related to model codes and compatibility with all modern devices including iPads and tablets [ MORE
The Center for Campus Fire Safety (CCFS) Partners with ICC, NASFM to Offer Crowd Manager Training. Public safety program developed by experts including state fire marshals complies with fire code requirements [ MORE
Presented by ICC, NASFM & The Center
Take this course
Be sure to mention ... The Center for Campus Fire Safety as the Referring Agency!
CROWD MANAGER TRAINING - 2 hour on line course @ $19.95
Students who successfully complete the course will acquire the knowledge to:
• Conduct pre-event inspections to identify problems with exits and egress paths, and assure required fire systems are operational
• Use a portable fire extinguisher
• Guide the crowd in an emergency
• Recognize when to use protection strategies, including defend-in-place, evacuation or partial evacuation
• React to deteriorating weather conditions
• Identify problem attendees, and what to do once they’re identified
• Coordinate with emergency responders
This course includes four segments, or “lessons”. The lessons focus on the roles and responsibilities of the crowd manager before and event, during an event, and in cases of emergency. The course includes prevention strategies to avoid a serious incident, and also provides evacuation and defend in place strategies. The students will find the lessons to be interactive, with several quizzes to assure their understanding, and interesting reading material about how some of the past disasters could have had different outcomes.
In order to be awarded a completion certificate, the student must pass a final examination with a minimum score of 80. While it’s impossible to go into significant detail about the course content here, rest assured that NASFM and CCFS have reviewed the course and found it relevant to their respective missions.
[ TAKE THIS COURSE